Monday, August 29, 2016

The first step

I leave for Nepal this week. I am so thankful for the opportunities that God has given to me. Really, I don't think there are many opportunities He hasn't given. Not just to me, but to everyone. The first step is to say, "I will go". Then, you start moving. Don't overcomplicate it. No excuses, just do it. Adventure will inevitably present itself. Don't be afraid. If it is in the will of God that you are moving, what do you have to fear? Even death itself loses it's sting. Run towards the goals He has given you, and they will happen. Just take the first step; just say "I will go" and do it.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Jaren, you are about to make a big change in your life. You will truly come to know just what it means to depend on Jesus for everything. You have experienced this to a degree in your other trips, but this country is more extreme then any you have experienced. I know you possibly going to grow more than you could imagine. As you travel, as you know, stay aware of as much of everything that is going on around you as possible. Have a great trip young man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate you believing in me and encouraging me to follow after Him.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you! Cannot wait to hear updates. Great first post, so encouraging and a great reminder! Hope you got there safely!!

    ReplyDelete