DAY 1: the first day we drove to the sleepy town of Chainpur. We stayed the night in a hotel for less than 5 dollars.
The next day we hiked to a village called Talkot. It was over their version of Christmas so there were many drunk people and sketchy Hindu activities. While there we stayed in a free hotel and explored the town, including the temple
Walking
to Talkot
The temple
When we were at the temple we watched a scary ceremony of sacrificing a water buffalo.
The priests invited me to stand with them, but I was already close enough to this satanic ceremony. The next video is a little graphic, VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED
We went to surrounding villages the next day. We got a good view of Saipal Mountain, which is around 23,000 ft.
We rode in a jeep through the mountains back to chainpur. There were nine humans and a large backpack in a five passenger vehicle. When we got back to chainpur we got to explore the area better. One of our times spent wondering the streets, we were stopped by a police. They politely arrested me and interrogated me and carefully examined the photocopy of my passport and visa. They were suspicious of drug related activity near the border of Tibet. At first I wasn't worried. My Nepali trekking buddy helped me tremendously. It was not long at all before we were back to exploring the area. I snuck this video of the police.
The next three days I spent in chainpur and later in Baitidi. I met some amazing people. I had so much fun. I'm excited for my next trek to start tomorrow!





No comments:
Post a Comment